HOME MADE BEEF BALL/TOFU (Tahu Bakso Indonesia).
by Stef Jn
HOME MADE BEEF BALL/TOFU (Tahu Bakso Indonesia). I don't wanna waste the beef given by my Moslem neighbours so I use it to cook beef ball or in Indonesia, we call it "Bakso" or "Tahu Bakso". The receipe is as following:
- 1 kg beef (with a bit fat layer), cut tiny
- 100 grams tapioca starch (I use Mocaf flour)
- 2 tea spoon salt
- 1/2 cup fried slice garlic & eshalot
- 2 chicken eggs (poach)
- 1 cup ice water
- Fried tofu (dispose its 3/4 white parts) *optional
- 1/2 table spoon chicken stock powder (subtituting MSG usage)
HOW TO MAKE
(1) Boil a pan of water
(2) Get ready a clean meat mincer/food processor, add in beef +salt +fried eshalot &garlic +ice water, blend/mill the meat until become like a dough, stop the meat miller, add Tapioca starch + chicken egg. Mill again until even and soft
(3) Move the dough into a clean bowl. Clean your hand and get a small clean tea spoon. Scoup large part of the dough onto your hand palm, tighten your fingers gently but loose the top of your thumb so the dough will come out on top between you pointing finger and thumb. Scouo it with spoon and drop it into hot water/boiling water. Repeat this until all dough has finished. Lift and dry off all the beef balls. Let it cool
(4) you can fill the empty center of tofu using this dough, but after that you steam all filled tofu for about 40 minutes. After steam, let it cool.
(5) You can place bref ball & tofu into a clean plastic bags and keep it in the chiller fridge. The self life is about 3-4 days. All you need to do to serve it is to make a bowl clear beef stock, a bit salt and added by minced celery (and fried sliced eshallot if you like) ^^
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Sharing Recipes.